According to the article, the characteristics of social entrepreneurs are:
* Adopting a mission to create and sustain social value (not just private value),
* Recognizing and relentlessly pursuing new opportunities to serve that mission,
* Engaging in a process of continuous innovation, adaptation, and learning,
* Acting boldly without being limited by resources currently in hand, and
* Exhibiting a heightened sense of accountability to the constituencies served and for the outcomes created.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. This is exactly the territory I find myself exploring with the happy at work project. Yes, we operate as a business, charging companies for our services, but we’re not in it for the money, wa want to make people happy at work. It’s nice to see that someone has put some thought into this area, and I certainly recognize much of the thinking in the article.