Alrighty – my book about happiness at work is aaaaaaalmost there. Now I could really use your opinion and feedback.
I’m doing my final write-through this week and I’m incredibly happy with it. Either this is a friggin’ great book or I’m seriously deluded. But why don’t you tell me which it is :o)
UPDATE: I’m totally blown away here, and I think over 40 people giving feedback is probably as many as I can handle, so I’ve closed the sign-up. Thank you to everyone who’s signed up to give feedback. I’m really excited about showing you the book and to hear what you think!
This monday my wonderful girlfriend and I are leaving for a short vacation in London. If you’d like to review this release candidate (nerd humor, I apologize) of the book, write a comment on this post. That way I get your email adress (don’t worry, it won’t appear on the site).
Then we’ll do it like this:
- On monday November 6 I’ll email an electronic version of the book to all the people who’ve signed up.
- You pick the one chapter that you find the most interesting and read it and give me feedback on it. You’re more than welcome to read the entire thing of course, but focus on one chapter so you can give me some thorough feedback on it.
- Forget all about spelling, grammar, typos and punctuation, I’m going to get some pros to fix all of that.
- Focus on the contents of one chapter, and please answer the following questions for me:
- What do you really like about this chapter?
- What could be better? Are there any holes in the contents or the arguments in the chapter? Something I need to focus more on? Some point I should elaborate more on?
- Does anything seem redundant? Something I can safely cut out?
- What is your overall impression? Is this chapter ready to go into the book?
- If you were to write a three-line review of the book based on what you’ve read, what would it say?
- Be honest. If you love it, say so. If you think it sucks, say you love it anyway :o) Just kidding – if you absolutely hate it or see something you don’t like, tell me – I’m a big boy, I can take it.
- Write your feedback in the text document I’ll include and mail them back to me no later than friday November 10.
I’ll then do the final rewrite that same weekend and provided that I don’t need to make too many changes, the book will go out to proofreading the monday after and to printing later that week.