2006 was a spectacular year for my blog. Huge(!) numbers of visitors and traffic. I’ve had to talk to my internet provider several times to increase my traffic quota.
As always, some posts get way more attention than others. Here’s a list of my top 10 hits of 2006:
- 10 seeeeeriously cool workplaces
- How NOT to lead geeks
- Why secret salaries are a baaaaaad idea
- How to handle chronic complainers
- How to lose your fear of being fired
- The top 10 advantages of low-rent living
- Top 5 reasons why “The Customer Is Always Right??? is wrong
- Book review: The Seven-Day Weekend
- Why “Motivation by Pizza??? Doesn’t Work
- Top 5 business maxims that need to go
I’ve been thinking a little about what’s made the blog such a success. The main factor has to be that I’ve found a way to make writing fun. If I don’t have fun writing, my writing is no good. That, and reddit.com.