The beginning of a new year is a great time to take stock of your work life. Did everything going the way you wanted it in 2012? Were you happy or unhappy at work? What would you like to change?
Unfortunately, most people look back and think almost exclusively in terms of everything that went wrong. The things they should have done. They goals they ought to have achieved. The progress that didn’t come.
We think you can achieve much more by turning that around 180 degrees, so here’s our suggestion for a little new years exercise in happiness at work. Think back at your work life in 2012 and answer the following 10 questions. It works best, if you take some time to do it and if you write down the answers.
- What went really well for you at work in 2012?
- What did you do that you were proud of?
- Who did you make a difference for at work?
- What new things have you learned professionally?
- How have you grown and developed personally at work?
- Who has helped you out at work in 2012?
- Who have you admired professionally?
- What have been some of the most fun moments at work in 2012?
- Which 5 things from your work life in 2012 would you like more of in 2013?
And last but not least:
10. What will you specifically do to become happier at work in 2013?
Have fun – and I wish you a very happy 2013 at work!