Jonathan Mostert has written his business school thesis on Chief Happiness Officers and I got a chance to interview him about his research.
These are the questions we cover:
- The question you looked at was ‘’How do chief happiness officer make sense of their profession?’’ What interested you about that question?
- How many CHOs did you talk to? Who was your favorite example?
- Some CHOs have it as a formal role, some just create it for themselves. How did that show up in your research?
- What are some typical things CHOs do as part of their role? What was one of the best or most creative things you’ve seen a CHO do?
- How do organizations typically react to a CHO?
- What are some of the challenges of being a CHO?
- What do organizations get out of having a CHO?
- What makes a good CHO?