The Cluetrain Manifesto reminds us that:
- Markets are conversations.
- The Internet is enabling conversations among human beings that were simply not possible in the era of mass media.
- Companies that don’t realize their markets are now networked person-to-person, getting smarter as a result and deeply joined in conversation are missing their best opportunity.
Since the manifesto was published in 1999, we have seen the rise of weblogs, discussion groups, wiki sites, chat rooms, podcasts and social networking sites, just to mention a few technologies currently enabling conversations.
But how are businesses harnessing conversations?
As part of the Reboot conference, there will be an excellent 1-day event in Copenhagen on May 31st called Samtalerne (the conversations). I will most definitely be there, and so will
- Doc searls (co-author of the Cluetrain manifesto)
- Robert Scoble who blogs for Microsoft
- Euan Semple who introduced net conversations to the BBC
- Anette Hartvig, CEO of Aarstiderne who renamed their customer service department “Conversations”
as well as many other very interesting people. Should make for some great… conversations :o)
2 thoughts on “Conversations / samtalerne – May 31”
Hi Alexander – Thank you for spreading the kind word about our one-day event!I look forward to seeing you there!